I've never actually ran a CLI based program outside of bluej.
And after exporting one of my programs to a jar, I noticed I was not able to get any results when double clicking the jar.
So, I'm guessing CLI based programs are run by a different method, or require some extra code?
Any help is appreciatied.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've never actually ran a CLI based program outside of bluej.
And after exporting one of my programs to a jar, I noticed I was not able to get any results when double clicking the jar.
So, I'm guessing CLI based programs are run by a different method, or require some extra code?
Any help is appreciatied.

You can convert the Jar to an Exe, and run it then. Just google "Jar to Exe."
At least that's how I how I did it, perhaps there's an easier way.

Thanks, I was not aware of that.
In the end what I ended up doing was compiling it through the command prompt. Then I changed the current directory I was viewing to that of the java file. Then using the java command and the classes name to run the program.
However it seems like I can only start the program from the command prompt, unless I write a batch file to do it.
So I'll look into what you suggested.

Thanks, I was not aware of that.
In the end what I ended up doing was compiling it through the command prompt. Then I changed the current directory I was viewing to that of the java file. Then using the java command and the classes name to run the program.
However it seems like I can only start the program from the command prompt, unless I write a batch file to do it.
So I'll look into what you suggested.

Ok, well I used the trial of exe4J to do it. If you download it, skip option 1 and go to the second option and select Jar To Exe. You'll see what I mean if you install it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.