Hey guys,

I have a new server :P I am currently configuring it and I ahve come across an issue. The issue being that PHP 5 does not support MySql from standard. I have managed to resolve an issue with the installation of PHP on IIS BUT I am strugling to enable these required extensions for PHP 5 and MySql to comunicate.

The problem is that (I think) PHP doe4sn't have permission to load the DLL's:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

So I need to find a way of allowing PHP to execute these extensions. I have tried adding them to the C:\WINDOWS directory, but to no prevail. Oh yes I am currently running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,
Josh.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Simple fix, don't use IIS. Get XAMPP or WAMP. Also, in your php.ini file try not specifying "C:" just put "\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll"

Lol, was my though inistially, BUT I would really like to learn the ASP.NET language so I would require IIS :(.

Will try that now ;)

EDIT: Nope didn't work :(

Actually I tried that instially and another module besides these two didn't load. I used the extension_dir to specify the extension directory and another DLL started working, just leaves these two not working :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.