I'm looking for a popunder script that will work for both IE8 and FF3 (as they dominate now). Of course, any other browser is welcome :)

Note: I've also tested the flash but I've excluded it from the start, since the flash player is enabled by default to block them. Also, DHTML is excluded, because the page that will contain the popunder will load itself in a small frame and the popunder's content will display, this way, only in that small frame window (as far as I've tried).
I'm really tired of searching and testing; if you know of any working popunder code, please share it with me.
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

No

Popups and popunders are universally despised, as are those who employ them
Browsers are configured by users who universally despise popups popunders and those who employ them, to avoid popups and popunders because they are so despised as are those who employ them.

You don't want it in your page,
what makes you think anybody else wants it on their screen

Whatever is your opinion, Bob, or whatever all the world despise, I still need that kin of script... no matter what people wants on their screen.
;)
Thanks for your thoughts, though

have you looked at layers
same/similar effect without the stigma attached to
something like

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
(document.getElementById) ? dom = true : dom = false; //check if IE
function hideIt(layer) {
 if (dom) {document.getElementById(layer).style.visibility='hidden';} //ie dom
 if (document.layers) {document.layers[layer].visibility='hide';} } //moz ff dom
function showIt() {
 if (dom) {document.getElementById(layer).style.visibility='visible';}
 if (document.layers) {document.layers[layer].visibility='show';} }
onResize="window.location.href = window.location.href"
//--></script>
</head>
<body>
<button align="center" onClick="showIt('layer1');">Important Information</button>
<div id="layer1" style="position:fixed; left:20px; width:45%; top:20px; visibility:hidden;">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
<td Align="right" onClick="hideIt('layer1')">
<font Color="#ffffff"><Strong>Close</strong></font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><font size="+1"><b>title</b>:</font></center>
bal bla bla
<UL compact>
<li>Of course the html can be anything at any size</li>
<li>sourced from anywhere</li>
<li>an iframe</li>
<li>ad script</li>
<li>open on unload</li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td Align="right" onClick="hideIt('layer1')">
<font Color="#ffffff"><Strong>Close</strong></font>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</body></html>

yeah I know tables suck, :) , havent looked carefully at this scrap in a while
perhaps <body onload="setTimeout(ShowIt('layer1'),5000);setTimeout(hideIt('layer1'),14000);setTimeout(ShowIt('layer2'),15000);">

Thanks, but is not it. It doesn't works, I mean... maybe is too old.
BTW, the M. Frontpage displays an object unexpected error at line 16 character 1, but there's only the button on that line.

Thanks, but is not it. It doesn't works, I mean... maybe is too old.
BTW, the M. Frontpage displays an object unexpected error at line 16 character 1, but there's only the button on that line.

the button is on line seventeen, some part, likely of the javascript didnt copy

16 in my case, but it doesn't matter. I'll give up on this here. I'll try to register on some popunder-exchange sites and analise their scripts, if they works ;)

object unexpected, in frontpage is usually an unclosed quote
Sorry Dunno more

no solution?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.