This might be a bit off-topic, but I've got a site with GoDaddy and when I'm working on PHP changes and try to upload pages on a constant basis, I keep getting timed out and it's basically impossible to get anything done.

Anyone else have this issue - with GoDaddy or anyone else - and how can it be avoided?

Thanks for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I had a client host with GoDaddy. He had that $3.99/month hosting plan.
As a web developer, it was a very miserable experience for me. I could hardly get any of my prewritten functions to work, even though they had been used many times on other servers. Finally I made a php info page to see the server settings. It was ridiculous, they had about half of php's functions disabled. The main one that got me was mail. I couldn't even send mail from the server because the function was disabled.

I had a client host with GoDaddy. He had that $3.99/month hosting plan.
As a web developer, it was a very miserable experience for me. I could hardly get any of my prewritten functions to work, even though they had been used many times on other servers. Finally I made a php info page to see the server settings. It was ridiculous, they had about half of php's functions disabled. The main one that got me was mail. I couldn't even send mail from the server because the function was disabled.

I actually worked there for two years and they handle their employees the same way. Anyway, how long ago was this, I know that they have had to make a lot of changes in order to compete. I have a hosting account with them(6.95) and I don't get these issues. Plus, I think their dns manager is one of the best in the business, of course it helps to know how to kick start certain processes. Sometimes I do get server timeouts but I usually figure out that it is on my end after I restart my ftp application, on the other hand, they do have some admin issues that pop up here and there so you may want to check with them and they will test the ftp connection.

Anyway, how long ago was this

November of last year so 9 months ago. The php_info() page said the following functions were disabled: fpassthru, file, mail, exec, system, passthru, popen, crack_check, crack_closedict, crack_getlastmessage, crack_opendict, fsockopen, psockopen, opendir, readdir, closedir
The site was taken down a couple of weeks ago or I'd give you a link to it.

November of last year so 9 months ago. The php_info() page said the following functions were disabled: fpassthru, file, mail, exec, system, passthru, popen, crack_check, crack_closedict, crack_getlastmessage, crack_opendict, fsockopen, psockopen, opendir, readdir, closedir
The site was taken down a couple of weeks ago or I'd give you a link to it.

Maybe it has something to do with the package type because I don't see any disabled functions unless that info is no longer available, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.
http://ositnet.com/phpinfo.php

This might be a bit off-topic, but I've got a site with GoDaddy and when I'm working on PHP changes and try to upload pages on a constant basis, I keep getting timed out and it's basically impossible to get anything done.

Anyone else have this issue - with GoDaddy or anyone else - and how can it be avoided?

Thanks for any help.

I get this ALL the time. Its really annoying. Im about to move all my sites elsewhere. I just dont want through the hassle of re upping everything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.