Hi . Watsup people
People ... I need your help , i am new to php programming , all what i can do is to create an html template and write my code in side the template . So i am seeing in phpbb forums and some websites , there is special folder called template , i think it contains the websites template with the extension .tpl , So i want to know how it work and how to create it . So please if you know something about this or you know any website that can help me please tell me . I have tried w3schools because that is where i have learned php but i did not get any thing that can help me to do this .
Thanks to those who will help me .

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

ok so you have a basic understanding of php

to create something like what you see in phpbb you could use smarty
http://www.smarty.net/

read along there and you will understand how it works

Ah, W3Schools is such a great resource isn't it! I'm glad you check it for help.

Regarding tpl files, Ancyent is correct. They are mostly associated with Smarty. However, if I may throw in a suggestion: Don't bother with Smarty unless you really don't want to learn PHP. If you are interested in diving into programming, learn by example. Search around for scripts that others have made and try to mimic their results without coping-and-pasting. Once you feel comfortable with the basics, you can move on to OOP, which may be confusing to some, but pays off in the long run. With all of your newfound knowledge, you'll be able to use a MVC framework such as CodeIgniter or CakePHP. They provide a power way to organize and control your content and application, including views (the equivalent of templates).
MVC's and frameworks are becoming more popular with developers and are a great time-saver and organizer when you become familiar with PHP.

Good Luck!
PhpMyCoder

Hi . Watsup people
People ... I need your help , i am new to php programming , all what i can do is to create an html template and write my code in side the template . So i am seeing in phpbb forums and some websites , there is special folder called template , i think it contains the websites template with the extension .tpl , So i want to know how it work and how to create it . So please if you know something about this or you know any website that can help me please tell me . I have tried w3schools because that is where i have learned php but i did not get any thing that can help me to do this .
Thanks to those who will help me .

what's inside the .tpl file ?

the html code that you want to import.

open it with a text editor and see

the html code that you want to import.

open it with a text editor and see

i don't have a sample file for that.
uhm, are you trying to use or edit a template downloaded from the internet ?
:-/

yeah you can do that .... or just create your own html code

yeah you can do that .... or just create your own html code

ok. Ϋ
thanks!

happy day.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.