hi all
i have search the web and cant find what im looking for which is simple code so that i can have a box about 200px by 400px that scrolles i had used the marguee tag but i need it to display on all my pages. so i thought javascript would do it so i dont have to update all pages just a .js file. i have only just started to learn javascript, iv got a .js page which displays on all my pages but just want it to scroll.

thanks
danny

hi all
i have search the web and cant find what im looking for which is simple code so that i can have a box about 200px by 400px that scrolles i had used the marguee tag but i need it to display on all my pages. so i thought javascript would do it so i dont have to update all pages just a .js file. i have only just started to learn javascript, iv got a .js page which displays on all my pages but just want it to scroll.

thanks
danny

cant you just create a class that has overflow set to scroll? And then you apply that class to your div that is 200px by 400 px or whatever sizes you make. If you don't like the standard scrollbar im sure you can google a way to change that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.