anyone , please help me , i want to upload pictures to server, . i am using apache tomcat server, where i want to save the uploaded files. help me plz.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

All depends on if that it is on local pc or provided with ftp access from web provider, but essencialy approach is similar.
For local instalation, locate your Tomcat instalation directory, go to webapps folder, then open your project to which you wish to add images for example MyProject and then you on top level for given project.
For hosted you need to access the server throught ftp, details of which your web provider should give it to you. In this case there is only one project so you get directly to the top level of project.

Once on top level (for both cases) I recommend for organisation reasons, you create new folder, you may name it img and copy&paste or upload your images.
If Tomcat running on Unix based system do not forget set up access permissions for images and also for folder if created

Peter, I think the OP wanted to upload the image from the website to the server similar to sites like YouTube where you can upload your videos.

PiusKutty, look into the Apache Commons' Fileupload module.

Peter, I think the OP wanted to upload the image from the website to the server similar to sites like YouTube where you can upload your videos.

PiusKutty, look into the Apache Commons' Fileupload module.

Well I can't read his mind, he just got what he asked for...

thank you very much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.