>>>is there any limit/constraint on the maximum number of nodes that a linked list can have?
>>>a linked list does not have to be implmented with a pointer. what else can be implementeation of linked lists?
>>>how can a singly linked list be implemented so that insertion requires no test for whether head is null?
>>>consider the move-to-front, transpose, count and ordering methods. In what case is a list mantained by these methods not changed?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you're dropping your homework here, what are your attempts at answers?

there's no homework.
they are few questions i still cannot solve yet after learning this chapter myself.

>is there any limit/constraint on the maximum number of nodes that a linked list can have?
It depends on how you implement the list.

>a linked list does not have to be implmented with a pointer. what else can be implementeation of linked lists?
Anything that can specify the location of a node.

>how can a singly linked list be implemented so that insertion requires no test for whether head is null?
Don't use null to mark the end of a list. :D

>consider the move-to-front, transpose, count and ordering methods. In what case is a list mantained by these methods not changed?
Count. Definitely count. :)

WOW! your so cool Narue.. kekeke.. Interesting answers, though I had no idea what any of the question meant.. sorry for posting here.. lol

commented: ok.... +0

thanks. Hints....

>It depends on how you implement the list.
implict. then pretty much no limit.....?
>Anything that can specify the location of a node.
i guess might be array...yeah...
>Don't use null to mark the end of a list.
dose that mean tail->next!=0?........makes kinda sense.
>Count. Definitely count.
explicit. im not so sure....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.