Hi all.
I am required to create a application which allows a user to drag images to a icon/ folder. This image file will then be copied. A thumbnail is then created and the thumbnail uploaded to an online Gallery.
My first question is whether this is possible to achieve (with a limited knowledge of C++) using C++ or whether Java (with a more limited knowledge of Java) would be better to use.

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by confussed!

Given your problem domain and your language exposure, Java would be better than C++.

It has lot of inbuilt and handy classes which shift the task of implementing the trivial functionalities from you. An inbuilt GUI support ( Swing and AWT ) would really simplify matters specially when GUI in C++ is really *tough* not to mention you will have to resort to some third party packages or go with Windows programming ( both are hellish ).

That being said Java, C# and Python (recommended if you are up for it ) would be more like it especially if you don't as such know C++.

Thank you for your promt reply.
It will save me a lot of time not steering down the wrong avenue.
Should i have any other difficulties i will not hesitate to post. (after exhusting all other attempts at a resolution)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.