Hello :

How can I by programming, change the encoding of the text file,, I want to open a text file but I couldn't because it's encode in ANSI I want to change it to another encoding type???

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think you need more details to describe your exact problem as I don't believe the obvious answer is really your question. The obvious answer being: Open up the text file in ANSI, encode the data and write to output file.

Firstly you should open Up your ANSI file with Its encoding then store in a String or something like that then apply your Encoding algorithm to it.

Hello :

How can I by programming, change the encoding of the text file,, I want to open a text file but I couldn't because it's encode in ANSI I want to change it to another encoding type???

Thanks

Hello,
try this code, it converts txt files from encoding1 to encoding2
in the following code i am converting any encoding to CodePage1256

using (Stream fileStream = new FileStream(file.FileLocation, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
                {
                    using (Stream destStream = new FileStream(destinationPath, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write,
                                                        FileShare.ReadWrite))
                    {
                        using (var reader = new BinaryReader(fileStream))
                        {
                            using (var writer = new BinaryWriter(destStream, Encoding.GetEncoding(1256)))
                            {
                                var srcBytes = new byte[fileStream.Length];
                                reader.Read(srcBytes, 0, srcBytes.Length);

writer.Write(srcBytes);

}
                        }
                    }
                }

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.