Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to put a "Twitter Follow Button" on a windows form application?
Usually I have this code on a ASP.net webform.

<a href="https://twitter.com/_TwitterName" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false" data-show-screen-name="false"></a><script>    !function (d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (!d.getElementById(id)) { js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); } } (document, "script", "twitter-wjs");</script>

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Thanks TekknoDraykko

I checked on the article but was not able to find anywhere how it would be possible to add just a simple "follow button" on a Windows Form.

For the code in my post, that is a html snippet which renders a follow button.

Could it be possible to put a follow button on a Windows Form. I am bit stumped :)

Thanks, this is a little tricky :) I can understand that.

I still thinking if there is a way to have the button on a WinForm.

I have a thought of if there could be any WinForm control that can render "HTML code". In some way if you inserted a String (which holds the complete twitter code button) as a Literal into a WinForm control which could render this?

OK. I did a Google search for Twitter C# API's (thinking there might be a library you could use). This is one site that I came up with:

https://tweetinvi.codeplex.com/

Not sure if it will work with WinForms (I'm guessing it's mostly for Weborms), but take a look...

Tekkno

Thanks Tekkno :)

The tweetinvi is an API for twitter and I have used it before. But this will not allow to put a button on the WinForm. It is just communication to Twitter.

It would be a "Twitter follow button" which is clickable that I am after.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If you find an answer please share. I'd be interested in knowing how you solved it. :)

Tekkno

Yes I will share if I find a way to do it. Thanks for your help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.