Hi
I am a student needing help with my assignment.
My assignment is a loan calculator that takes in a customer’s details such as name, address, occupation and the amount they wish to borrow.

My assignment says the base interest rate is 9.7%, however: if the amount a customer enters into the program exceeds £10,000, than subtract 2.0% from the interest rate which means the new, base interest rate which is to be added to the amount the customer wishes to borrow is now 7.7%,

I have attached a zip file which holds a
1. Loan.java class
2. Main.java class
3. GUI.java class

MORGAGE.zip

I can only get the program to show values as a whole for example
£100 + 0.97% = £109

I would like my program to print out to decimal point? Like below.
£100 + 0.97% = £109.70

How can i do this??
Can anyone help me please

*** i only just noticed that in my Loan class i have "if (LA <=1000 )" where i should have "if (LA <=10000 )" that will need to be changed when you download the zip file,, thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please post your code (in code tags) when you have questions instead of expecting people to download and extract a zip file.

Why did you not continue your existing thread for this?
http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/java/threads/369295

Spreading a single question over multiple threads just creates confusion and duplication for those who might offer assistance. Please keep to one thread per issue. Closing the other one.

I see that the OP is still confused about %

£100 + 0.97% = £109

1% of 100 is 1
.97% of 100 is .97

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.