hi everyone i need some help with java..:sad:

Write the definition of a method twice , which receives an integer parameter and returns an integer that is twice the value of the parameter.

and

Write the definition of a class Telephone . The class has no constructors, one instance variable of type String called number , and two static variables. One is of type int called quantity ; the other is of type double called total . Besides that, the class has one static method makeFullNumber . The method accepts two arguments, a String containing a telephone number and an int containing an area code. The method concatenates the two arguments in the following manner: First comes the area code, then a dash, then the telephone number. The method returns the resultant string.

i'm so lost...please help... :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

Is there a specific question about this homework assignment? What concepts are you having a hard time with? You won't learn much if you have someone else do your coding for you.

Andy

Member Avatar for iamthwee

hi everyone i need some help with java..:sad:

Write the definition of a method twice , which receives an integer parameter and returns an integer that is twice the value of the parameter.

and

Write the definition of a class Telephone . The class has no constructors, one instance variable of type String called number , and two static variables. One is of type int called quantity ; the other is of type double called total . Besides that, the class has one static method makeFullNumber . The method accepts two arguments, a String containing a telephone number and an int containing an area code. The method concatenates the two arguments in the following manner: First comes the area code, then a dash, then the telephone number. The method returns the resultant string.

i'm so lost...please help... :eek:

Please try to code something otherwise we can't help. Daniweb homework policy. ThanQ.

public type method(){
method = method*2;
return this.method;
}

this is what i had.....but its wrong.. :(

Yours:

public type method(){ 
  method = method*2; 
  return this.method; 
}

Correct

public int method(int value){ 
  return value * 2; 
}

Compare

Your description said
takes an integer argument
returns an integer
returned int is double the parameter

The only thing your method had was the "* 2" and nothing else.

I think you need to review everything you have covered in your class so far. And then continue on with the Telephone class.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.