hi everyone i need some help with java..:sad:

Write the definition of a method twice , which receives an integer parameter and returns an integer that is twice the value of the parameter.

and

Write the definition of a class Telephone . The class has no constructors, one instance variable of type String called number , and two static variables. One is of type int called quantity ; the other is of type double called total . Besides that, the class has one static method makeFullNumber . The method accepts two arguments, a String containing a telephone number and an int containing an area code. The method concatenates the two arguments in the following manner: First comes the area code, then a dash, then the telephone number. The method returns the resultant string.

i'm so lost...please help... :eek:

Is there a specific question about this homework assignment? What concepts are you having a hard time with? You won't learn much if you have someone else do your coding for you.

Andy

hi everyone i need some help with java..:sad:

Write the definition of a method twice , which receives an integer parameter and returns an integer that is twice the value of the parameter.

and

Write the definition of a class Telephone . The class has no constructors, one instance variable of type String called number , and two static variables. One is of type int called quantity ; the other is of type double called total . Besides that, the class has one static method makeFullNumber . The method accepts two arguments, a String containing a telephone number and an int containing an area code. The method concatenates the two arguments in the following manner: First comes the area code, then a dash, then the telephone number. The method returns the resultant string.

i'm so lost...please help... :eek:

Please try to code something otherwise we can't help. Daniweb homework policy. ThanQ.

public type method(){
method = method*2;
return this.method;
}

this is what i had.....but its wrong.. :(

Yours:

public type method(){ 
  method = method*2; 
  return this.method; 
}

Correct

public int method(int value){ 
  return value * 2; 
}

Compare

Your description said
takes an integer argument
returns an integer
returned int is double the parameter

The only thing your method had was the "* 2" and nothing else.

I think you need to review everything you have covered in your class so far. And then continue on with the Telephone class.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.