Hey guys!

I've started writing a 2d platformer game some days ago, and I'm really enthusiastic about it, but I already failed to live up to my own expectations: I just cannot possibly think of a way I could make my character jump. I used the MVC desing is why, and now I'm looking for some help. I made a thread at gamedev.net, which contains some code. I appreciate the reading, and any help you can give!

I've started writing a 2d platformer game some days ago, and I'm really enthusiastic about it, but I already failed to live up to my own expectations: I just cannot possibly think of a way I could make my character jump. I used the MVC desing is why, and now I'm looking for some help. I made a thread at gamedev.net, which contains some code. I appreciate the reading, and any help you can give!

I don't know what kind of module you're using, but I know a way. You can print (or show) several whitespaces or an image/sprite below the character's feet. Then elevate the character to your desired height. Hope that helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.