HI everybody, i recently start learning java as my oop language, beside this i have also made up my mind for web development, but i am confused that whether after learning java i should go for web ( html,css,jscript,php,mysql) for choosing it as my carrer or i should learn new java technologies to become a java developer?
So the question is this that what should i become, php developer or java developer that will benifit me most in future w.r.t to learning and monetry purposes?
plz dont say that do what seems to you intersesting, bcz i have no particular interest in either. Bundle of Thanx to everyone for reading my post and giving valuable suggestions.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If your interest is in web development, you should most definately build a very strong foundation in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and jQuery. From there whether you choose php, asp.net, or java depends. If you are concerned about job availabilty and compensation, just do a search for web dev related positions to see exactly what employers are looking for and willing to pay.

Every language you learn is another tool in your belt. Each new tool you learn to use improves your skills in the other tools. Language fashion comes and goes - coding skill is coding skill. The two hottest languages right now are probably python and Lasso - but learn them all, don't get stuck in one. You'll find work in every language - and the least popular ones can sometimes be the most profitable.

but i am confused that whether after learning java i should go for web ( html,css,jscript,php,mysql) for choosing it as my carrer or i should learn new java technologies to become a java developer?

For a choice given which programming language to learn I guess learning both at the same time or alotting time for each language shouldn't be an issue,assuming you have the necessary time to study (probably a year to four like a degree course normally has), learning both will give you valuable experience on different fields that makes you more flexible on what work you'll be given.

that will benifit me most in future w.r.t to learning and monetry purposes?

... this is more guesswork about what the future has in store for you
if you have an idea of which company you'd work for and it's necessary requirements e.g. specific programming language and the businness nature of the company then you'd find it a lot easier to focus more on studying specific areas.

As a programmer you need to have the ability to adapt to your working environment meaning you should be willing to learn new things

plz dont say that do what seems to you intersesting, bcz i have no particular interest in either

It's usually that 'what interests you more' is the deciding factor on which path to choose becuase of motivation. also If you don't have any interest in either then why pursue programming? or did I misunderstand you like for now you no particular interest yet about either because believe me after the years it's a lot less stressful when you like your work. Though this might be only a small issue because I hope your gonna find learning a lot interesting along the way

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.