Hello Friends,

I need an urgent help on the below topic....

I have created a project which takes the database dyanamically....

Means when the application starts it will ask for the database path....the database will already be created in some or the other folder....

The path for database is stored in one text file....

It is an access database....

While creating crystal report I had created the report using the database....but that became static...and the report is not able to fetch the records since it is not getting the database

Now I want that while the application runs....a connection should be set up to the dyanamic database path and the report should be viewed....

Please help me in this....

Help me to understand how shud I create the database connection for crystal report in vb.net

Hello Friends,

I need an urgent help on the below topic....

I have created a project which takes the database dyanamically....

Means when the application starts it will ask for the database path....the database will already be created in some or the other folder....

The path for database is stored in one text file....

It is an access database....

While creating crystal report I had created the report using the database....but that became static...and the report is not able to fetch the records since it is not getting the database

Now I want that while the application runs....a connection should be set up to the dyanamic database path and the report should be viewed....

Please help me in this....

Help me to understand how shud I create the database connection for crystal report in vb.net

I had to copy the reports folder also...

why dont you use an openfile dialog to browse to the file at application startup ?
the openfile dialog will then have the path of the file..you can use that file then OR copy it to other directory.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.