Hello all,

I work on MySQL and i have knowledge about it. I have no idea of what Apache is? I googled and came to know just like MySQL it is also a Web Server and nothing more about it. When people ask me if i have experience with Apache?! I feel bad when i say no :( . I would like to know what are the similarities and differences between both?? Aren't they both just some different servers or is there anything specific about Apache ?
Please let me know.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

apache is a web server that can be installed on windows / linux / unix and you can install alot of packages and things to it like pear php / cake php / and others

mysql is a database it is used to store data

usally apache and mysql work together apache does the web and msql does the database

commented: Thank you +1

apache is a web server that can be installed on windows / linux / unix and you can install alot of packages and things to it like pear php / cake php / and others

mysql is a database it is used to store data

usally apache and mysql work together apache does the web and msql does the database

Thank you for the reply.

Can u please tell me How exactly are Web servers different from Database? Is web server something which hosts website and database :-? Please correct me.
Any link fr more details will also be helpful.
Thank you

You install MYSQL on apache
equivalent I think to installing acess on windows
you can run MYSQL on other web servers, on windows, on OS10, but there has to be an underlying OS

commented: Thank you for the explaination +1
Member Avatar for diafol

I think this image is quite nice and self-explanatory:

commented: Thank you for the explaination +1

Thank you all for the Explaination.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.