Hello all,

I work on MySQL and i have knowledge about it. I have no idea of what Apache is? I googled and came to know just like MySQL it is also a Web Server and nothing more about it. When people ask me if i have experience with Apache?! I feel bad when i say no :( . I would like to know what are the similarities and differences between both?? Aren't they both just some different servers or is there anything specific about Apache ?
Please let me know.

Thank you.

apache is a web server that can be installed on windows / linux / unix and you can install alot of packages and things to it like pear php / cake php / and others

mysql is a database it is used to store data

usally apache and mysql work together apache does the web and msql does the database

Comments
Thank you

apache is a web server that can be installed on windows / linux / unix and you can install alot of packages and things to it like pear php / cake php / and others

mysql is a database it is used to store data

usally apache and mysql work together apache does the web and msql does the database

Thank you for the reply.

Can u please tell me How exactly are Web servers different from Database? Is web server something which hosts website and database :-? Please correct me.
Any link fr more details will also be helpful.
Thank you

You install MYSQL on apache
equivalent I think to installing acess on windows
you can run MYSQL on other web servers, on windows, on OS10, but there has to be an underlying OS

Comments
Thank you for the explaination
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.