Hello,
I have a youtube script but it need ffmpeg on server.
Can anyone let me know how to install ffmpeg on server where and what i need for that.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

if you have a youtube script, just copy and paste the code as they gave it to you from there website, you do not need to do anything else to it to get it running. Paste it as HTML and not PHP

Hi,

ffmpeg is need to be installed in server for converting the wmv,and other media files into the flv format automatically. Youtube and other video sites are using the flv player for running the videos uploaded by user. Before running the uploaded videos they converted into flv format using ffmpeg. once the videos are converted into flv it will be display by flv player.

You will ask your server vendor to install ffmpeg into your server. once they installed you can proceed further.

Hello,
I talked to my webserver provider they said they do not provide support for third party script or software.

I just have youtube script, so what i need to do run video, i think u can guide me.

if the server provide do not provide ffmpeg installation how we can install that.

and what more i need.

Thank you

Hi,

ffmpeg is need to be installed in server for converting the wmv,and other media files into the flv format automatically. Youtube and other video sites are using the flv player for running the videos uploaded by user. Before running the uploaded videos they converted into flv format using ffmpeg. once the videos are converted into flv it will be display by flv player.

You will ask your server vendor to install ffmpeg into your server. once they installed you can proceed further.

Hello,
Visit www.famousdiets.info

I installed the script and it asked me for ffmpeg path too and i left it as default

/usr/lib/ffmpeg

and its not installed on my server

U can sign up, all do all process, but when u click upload and choose the file to upload after 1 min it will show error.

Pls try to do that and you will get error, some thing about ffmpeg class missing in upload.php file.

So let me know how to install ffmpeg.

Thank YOu

Hi,

Hello,
I have a youtube script but it need ffmpeg on server.
Can anyone let me know how to install ffmpeg on server where and what i need for that.

Thank you

Hi guy below is the link which provide you complete information about managing videos online using ffmpeg in ASP.NET.

http://www.iepak.com/2/TopicDetail.aspx

It's good! zhx

once i upload video in my joomla site and will display on youtube

AnyOne Knows Help Me.....!

Member Avatar for diafol

First - start a new thread next time - dragging up an old old old one won't help.

You need to look at the YT API.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.