Member Avatar for iamthwee

http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet898.html

Keyloggers? Breach of ethics or not ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just another code snippet?

Example elseweb. Rule 6 reads differently now, BTW.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Just another code snippet?

In my opinion a keylogger is just as bad as a virus or trojan horse. OK it probably doesn't run in stealth (invisible mode) but still...

Is further clarification needed or can I assume the moderators are speaking on behalf of admin?

I don't see a proglem with that code snippet. Key loggers have both legal and illegal uses and the code snippet makes no comment about either. The code snippet used perfectly legal and publically documented functions and there is no intent to being sneeky about it.

> Is further clarification needed or can I assume the moderators are speaking on behalf of
> admin?

Considering that this is a 'Feedback' forum, I just presented my view point as a plain old member of Daniweb.

Though I completely understand the logic behind your concern, by deleting snippets such as these, we might just be labeled as a little too restrictive or uptight forum.

But if what you reported can cause trouble to Daniweb on the legal front, I am unwillingly with you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.