Yes.

kthx. give to me pls.

i can haz admin ritez?
:icon_razz:

commented: lolcat +13

... Super Moderator badge?

can i have it?

You've got my vote.

So with the sudden disappearance of Narue, the moderators are free to do anything the want right? I mean: no control what-so-ever until there's another s-mod? I'm getting a vision of a combination of 4chan of Daniweb, which makes me a bit frightened...

commented: I disagree: You would be a better Super Moderator :) +16

So with the sudden disappearance of Narue, the moderators are free to do anything the want right? I mean: no control what-so-ever until there's another s-mod?

Just try it, I dare you! :icon_twisted:

I'm not a moderator :)

Actually, the vacant super-mod role is being caretakered (new word, leave me alone) by some admin chap I believe. <cough>

So is 'some admin chap' going to tell us why Narue left or is it one of her mysterious disappereals, she has once every few years ;)

So is 'some admin chap' going to tell us why Narue left or is it one of her mysterious disappereals, she has once every few years ;)

You've been here too long :P

>So is 'some admin chap' going to tell us why Narue left
So as not to hurt any feelings, I'll simply say that I've lost interest in Daniweb and the details are personal. My activity has slipped in the last several months (to the point where for the last two or three months I've done little more than modly duties), and I decided to step down as super mod rather than set a bad example.

But what if we're such a curious bunch that we want the blunt truth, even if it comes with some hurt feelings?

>But what if we're such a curious bunch that we want the
>blunt truth, even if it comes with some hurt feelings?
Curious bunches thrive on rumor more than blunt truth. ;)

commented: QFT +29

So with the sudden disappearance of Narue, the moderators are free to do anything the want right? I mean: no control what-so-ever until there's another s-mod

Happygeek and Dani have the same powers as a global mod already.

well, ain't that the truth

:icon_cheesygrin:

Happygeek and Dani have the same powers as a global mod already.

Actually they have powers way beyond that of a SMod.

I know that

You've been here too long :P

You don't have to be here long to learn the nature of this site.

True. Are you quiting DW only, or programming forums in general? ;)

I personally find it a damn shame that you decided to quit. I'll miss the sound of the chainsaw slashing through newbies code.

commented: Haha, what a figure of speech :-) +29

I'll miss the sound of the chainsaw slashing through newbies code.

Yes, I thought that avatar was very appropriate for her personality too :)

kthx. give to me pls.

I said you can have it; I never mentioned I would be the one giving you that. :-)

True. Are you quiting DW only, or programming forums in general? ;)

I personally find it a damn shame that you decided to quit. I'll miss the sound of the chainsaw slashing through newbies code.

There's so much someone can take of void main(), fflush(stdin) and gets(line). Even with the sharpest blade, eventually it gets dull.

There's so much someone can take of void main(), fflush(stdin) and gets(line). Even with the sharpest blade, eventually it gets dull.

True. That's one of the reasons I'm not nearly as active here as I was at the beginning.

Vote for me, and I'll delete on sight all those useless "project title" threads which pollute the forum, which never go anywhere useful.

> You don't have to be here long to learn the nature of this site.
Narue is the nature of this site down to a 't' ;)

commented: Delete 'm all I say! ;) +22

>Even with the sharpest blade, eventually it gets dull.
My blade never gets dull, but I sure do get tired of the blood stains: :icon_rolleyes:

My blade never gets dull, but I sure do get tired of the blood stains: :icon_rolleyes:

David Brin would be proud.

(see his book The Practice Effect)

Ah man!!

He means business guys!!

... Super Moderator badge?

can i have it?

You have my vote. I believe the forums would be filled with a lot less of the "i has homework give me code plz" posts.

commented: building an army, one comrade at a time +14
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.