I know I can see any reputation I've received by looking in my profile and such but I'm kind of curious if there's any way to see reputation I've given?

It may seem wierd but I kinda wanted to check up on a thread that I down-voted (and gave rep on as well) and can't find the darned thing (either someone else up-voted it and it no longer shows the -1 or it got deleted or I'm just looking in the wrong forums).

Just a little quirk of mine that I like to check up on stuff here and there in a 'follow-up to see if anything came of it' kind of capacity :twisted:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

AFAIK, you can neither check for the up/down votes given by you nor for the reputation awarded to other members. A real pity, I know, but... :-)

It's a shame though... I really was kind of interested to know what became of a thread I down-bumped yesterday and I can't find it ANYWHERE now (at least not in any of the forums I frequent and I really don't think I was crossing into other forums recently).

Oh well :)

My theory stands that it was likely nerfed by a moderator (it was that horrendously written) but I'll never know for sure.

What was that thread about? Thread moving / deletion as duplicate is quite frequent around these parts so unless you can remember the contents of the thread or its context, not much can be done. :-)

>> I really was kind of interested to know what became of a thread

Perhaps next time, subscribe to the thread? ;)

Perhaps next time, subscribe to the thread? ;)

Only problem with that is this... I try to keep my subscriptions trimmed down to a minimum and... the thread was (as I noted before) horrendous which was why I voted the thread and the poster down in the first place :P

I try to keep my sub count below 20 and only to threads I've started or threads I'm actively following at the current time. I generally purge threads from my sub list if they have no activity in their posts for more than 3 days.

What was that thread about? Thread moving / deletion as duplicate is quite frequent around these parts so unless you can remember the contents of the thread or its context, not much can be done. :-)

The thread was one of those ones that the content was un-memorable other than the fact that it was written nearly entirely in txtSpk :twisted:

Oh well, really not that important in the big picture just something I was curious about. I don't always reply to threads that I vote on so I just thought it'd be nice to be able to pull up a list of threads I'd voted on was all.

Oh wait, I guess I remember that thread. Wasn't it the one having the contents same as this thread for which you had given a neg rep? It was deleted since it was a dupe, which kinda explains why you couldn't find it. :-)

Oh wait, I guess I remember that thread. Wasn't it the one having the contents same as this thread for which you had given a neg rep? It was deleted since it was a dupe, which kinda explains why you couldn't find it. :-)

THAT'S THE ONE!!! Darn... you had to delete the one that had the witty neg comment attached to it didn't you? (or whoever did delete the dupe) :twisted:

EDIT: As a side note, hope people aren't getting the opinion that I enjoy giving negs or am some kind of elitist from this conversation hehe. 99% of the time I never vote on threads... If I feel a thread deserves to be voted (up or down) I usually just vote the post... It's only when a post is REALLY good or REALLY aweful (in my opinion) that it gets an actual rep vote too.

>> Darn... you had to delete the one that had the witty neg comment attached to it didn't you?
Just go to the thread ~s.o.s~ gave you and add this:

I'm sorry can someone please translate this from txtSpk to English for me?

to the reputation comments :D

Just go to the thread ~s.o.s~ gave you and add this...to the reputation comments :D

Ya, Except that I'd already -1'd that one too but without comment (because the comment was on the other one and it doesn't let you double-tap on rep votes).

S'all good though LoL I'm just thankfull to ~s.o.s~ for goin' out of his way and finding my answer for me last night :twisted:

Ok, I must've been more tired than I thought last night 'cus I didn't remember having 'solved' this thread and was about to do it today only to see it was already done :twisted:

Ah the joys of late-night insomniac curiosities...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.