I have noticed a small discrepancy between my Avatar in posts and my profile page. On the left you will notice that I have 995 posts to my name, but my profile screen says 997. I am unsure what the correct number should be.

Normally I wouldn't worry about such a trivial difference but I am fast approaching the 1000 post mark and my 1000th post will be the cause of much celebration :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

[double post]

There has been a glitch in the post-count at some point in the past. There have been quite a few threads back in the day, but I don't think it's very high on the bug-fixing list.
I personally have 3,787 posts, but my profile reads 3,791.

[edit]
Or was it a problem with the servers being out of sync... I can't quite seem to remember.

[edit2]
I think it's the latter, because I apparently posted twice now, while I only clicked "submit"once. So perhaps Blud or Dani can shed some light on this?

Are you sure it's not because you reported posts, and those don't count towards your post count? I dunno, I will have to look into it either this weekend or Monday.

I've reported more than 4 posts :) 1000 or 2000 might be more accurate :)

My similar issue had cleared up and has remained clear for months, despite having reported posts in the meantime. I thought you'd updated/cleared the cache on the server(s) to pull it off, Dani (I may be wrong as I know nothing of that fun).

You can celebrate both times you clear 1000, darkagn!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.