Hi there,

First of all. Thanks for being such a great site. You guys have gotten me out of a jam a few times. I appreciate what you do. I am wondering if you can help.

I reached out to your forum a few months ago. I posted the entire html including my business name. Now the post is coming up in search engines when I google the business. I was wondering if you could help me delete the business name from my posts so that it stops appearing in the searches.

I would be so super appreciative if you can help me. It's only in three places in my original post. Can you help?

Littlemt

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yes, that should be possible since you want to just remove a certain data and not entire thread as some students when cheating on school work ;).

Can you point the posts (sorry I feel lazy to go through each of your posts to find it out :) )

I've been looking at this thread, but you're website's name is integrated too much in your post and the reply. If I delete it, it would render the entire thread useless.

Hi Nick,

I understand that it would take away a direct reference to the domain itself, but the question and the solution that serves as information to your other members wouldn't be effected at all.

I simply had just not placed the header in the right area.

My name is only in three areas of the original post and not in the reply....in the <title> (You can keep everything in there except the name), The heading in the footer, the <mailto> address in the footer and the text (same thing, you can keep everything else in there that is left or even abbreviate or misspell it).

Can you please help. I didn't do anything malicious or mean anything bad....I just learned a super valuable lesson about SEO. I don't think your members learn anything less by omitting the name. Again, I would be super grateful if you can throw me a bone this one time.

The link is here:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread328769.html

Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!

Littlemt

I think Nick may have thought you were referring to your other thread, which had the domain scattered throughout the code and on many replies.

commented: I did indeed. +0

OK, I removed website name from there. However I need favour from you in return. Next time when you post any code please use code tags as

[code] YOUR CODE HERE [/code]

I WILL!! Promise. Lesson learned:) THANKS!! You guys rock!

Littlemt

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.