Hi, i saw this when looking at a thread. Can someone tell me more about this and what this do

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

This is a new feature for voting on posts. Before there was no option to undo a vote, now the option you selected (either up or down) will be shown with an undo icon. By clicking that and refreshing the page, you can remove your previous vote.

The idea is that one might accidentally down vote a post and would like to correct the vote without moderator intervention.

> By clicking that and refreshing the page, you can remove your previous vote.
As soon as you click it, your vote is instantly undone. (Refreshing the page is just for cosmetics)

I mentioned refreshing to avoid the guaranteed question of "why isn't my vote undone when I click the button?!". :P

Yes, I just wanted to clarify in case someone read your reply and mistakingly thought that an undo didn't take unless they refreshed right after.

How about reputation. Why i can't seem to give a guy reputation points. When i do that and refresh the page there is only a number 1 and a undo vote there. I can't see my rep comments. Is there something wrong with my account?

I've seen that same behavior too on occasion.

commented: Glad we are in the same boat +0

Look at this. I am sure i post this somewhere but not in this thread. Anyone think it can be a bug problem

That thread is split from a 7 years old thread.

Ok, thanks debasisdas. But do you know why it was split

Because adan20 posted on a 7 old thread , so moderator had to split that.

Ok thank debasisdas . But what about the original problem. Why i cant give people rep

Rep doesn't count in all community-center fora (the lounge and feedback)

Like in other forum, i can't give them rep only can vote their post up

But you did give them rep -- the comments prove that. You will not see the amount of rep points either given or taken away in the arrows -- only -1 for negative or +1 for positive. You have to look at the person's avatar to see actual rep that the person has after you gave yours.

After you vote on a post, the little popup window specifies how much reputation you can add/take away by clicking the "give reputation" button.

commented: testing +0

Has something changed again? I just upvoted your post but I don't have the option to reverse it.

I think you can only upvote that person post if you have vote his post more than a few times that day

But I have not given Dani any rep for a few days now. I know my up vote does not affect actual rep points in this forum, but I should be able to reverse the up vote.

Has something changed again? I just upvoted your post but I don't have the option to reverse it.

You left me the reputation comment "testing". You didn't just vote.

Maybe we should have a reverse rep feature. So when you accidentally down rep someone you can reverse it

So, if you leave comments then you can't reverse it. I guess I misunderstood. I thought I could reverse it with or without comments (and affecting the person's actusl rep).

Once you leave rep with or without a comment, you can't reverse it. You can only reverse a vote with no rep.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.