Hi,

I wrote this C++ article.

At first I thought of making it a tutorial, but when I create a new post there is no option in the combo to say it's a tutorial. Only options available were discussion thread and code snippet. I was hoping to get an option called tutorial (and one for each tab i.e.
News Stories (11)
Product Reviews (1)
Code Snippets (287)
Interviews (2)
Tutorials (1)
Upvoted
Solved
Unanswered
).
Why can I not post a tutorial? Or is there some other way I donno of?

I received many comments for the article. Based on the comments I feel I MUST edit the article to incorporate some of the very valid comments.
I can't.

Of course I can post a comment in the thread/code-snippet. But it's not the same as modifying the original.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. You can't at this moment. You can make a code-snippet/forum thread and warn a moderator/admin that it should be a tut. This way we can review anything that makes it to tutorial on Daniweb.

2. Same as 1. You can't edit it, but if you want to replace text/code/entire post, just post it as a reply and warn a moderator (with the flag bad post button in this case) and explain what needs to be done.

commented: Right you are. +0

Thanks.

Not optimal IMHO, but alright as I don't write an article everyday.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.