I held these until the shakedown was fairly complete. Here are a few of the useful but dropped functions that IMO need to be reimplmented. But #1 is in fact a bug:
1) Any threads I post in are never marked NEW. For the threads I haven't posted in it's a crap shoot whether they are marked NEW or not. Most threads, no matter how many times I mark the forum read, show up as NEW. This might be tied to whether I actually looked at the thread. If I mark the forum read, all threads should be marked as read permanently until a new post is made.
2) The NEW/Target Icon needs to jump to first unread post. The technique with the current setup is
a- click on the message title
b- click on the LAST page if necessary
c- try to remember what message was last seen and/or how long ago the thead was looked at (with vague HOUR and DAY indicators)
d- if necessary, click back a page and scroll all the way to the bottom to find that last post.
This is a HUGE PITA! 2-3 clicks, sh!t loads of scrolling, and memory excercises. Not user friendly.
3) Please add the post number back into the post header. It's really helpful to see what post # is being looked at.
4) I QUOTE a lot so there is no confusion as to what I am referring to in my responses. Highlight- copy- paste- highlight again- click quote is not an adequate replacement for a single Reply with Quote button.
5) Please remove the personal avatar in the reply section. Since it is not yet a reply, it is confusing and unnecessary. A blank DaniWeb avatar would be better -- maybe one that simply says Post a reply here
6) Keystrokes are needed for italic, bold,
inline code, and CODE tagging, as well as most of the markdown commands. And, as in the previous editor, clicking one of these commands should add the fence characters to the message and leave the cursor between them, and not add messages like
Emphasized Text Here. This just causes more unnecessary keystrokes to move into the 'edit' zone and delete the text
7) In CODE tags, make the font a bit smaller. The code seems to be larger than the post font since it's non-proportional. Dropping the CODE font will make the code fit better on the page and IMO makes it easier to read/follow -- with less line-wrapping.
8) Add Mark Forum Read link at the top of the page so we don't have to scroll so far if there were only 3 NEW threads. This has been a pain ever since the old re-do.
Enough for now...