Hi Geek,
Below are my questions in daniweb,
1. Is there any way to post directly to a person like sending mail to a person so that that person will get notification about that post?
2. If i'm updating in a particular thread, will it notify the originator of the thread/post/... or he/she needs to open that particular thread/post to check any upadates??
3. If i'm voting UP/DOWN some thread/post, will the originator of thread/post will get notification about this?
4. Is there any option to add some geek to my friend list so that i can post to him/her directly at any time without searching his/her name?

Keep up this good work.

--
Thanks in Advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

1 - Is there any way to post directly to a person like sending mail to a person so that that person will get notification about that post?

You can send private messages to individuals, using the Private Messages link in purple bar at top, which they will receive notifications about as long as the same setting, mentioned in #3 response, is turned on.

2 - If i'm updating in a particular thread, will it notify the originator of the thread/post/... or he/she needs to open that particular thread/post to check any upadates??

All participants in a thread will receive a notification about a thread being responded to if they have "recieve mail from DaniWeb" checked in their account settings. Else they will not be notified.

3 - If i'm voting UP/DOWN some thread/post, will the originator of thread/post will get notification about this?

Not that im aware of, I dont get them thats for sure.

4 - Is there any option to add some geek to my friend list so that i can post to him/her directly at any time without searching his/her name?

Think the answer there is no.

All participants in a thread will receive a notification about a thread being responded to if they have "recieve mail from DaniWeb" checked in their account settings. Else they will not be notified.

They need to have Receive Email from DaniWeb enabled, but they also need to be watching the thread in question. You'll only receive emails about threads you're watching. By default, the option is enabled to automatically watch threads you post in. Otherwise, you can click the Watch this Thread button towards the bottom of any page. There's a link in the header to look at all of your Watched Articles and manually unwatch certain ones.

3 - If i'm voting UP/DOWN some thread/post, will the originator of thread/post will get notification about this?

No, this isn't currently a feature.

can in know who blocked me ?

Obviously no one since you were able to post.

Its a new account, I presume his main one is banned.

Which main one?

Why presume? The poster should explain -- not make us read between the bits.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.