Spiceworks, one of DaniWeb's advertisers, has just rolled out their DaniWeb API integration!!

Check it out here:

http://www.spiceworks.com/p/daniweb

Please be sure to give suggestions :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Spiceworks, one of DaniWeb's advertisers, has just rolled out their DaniWeb API integration!!

I can't login. Do I need Facebook or LinkedIn to login?

I attached an image I'm keep getting:

73b8621abd6dfff2607ebb3c9e4d9e23

Can't say I'm charmed with it. Personally I think the interface is very distracting. So where does the actual integration come in? Is it just the login?

LastMitch, that's a known bug that they're working on from what I last heard.

Pritaeas, yes, they are using OAuth 2.0 to do the login the same way that we have Login with Facebook here on DaniWeb.

Spiceworks tracked down the error (LastMitch) to a DNS networking issue, and it should be fine now.

Can't say I'm charmed with it. Personally I think the interface is very distracting. So where does the actual integration come in? Is it just the login?

Spiceworks is a large community of 2MM or so IT professionals. Personally, I'm super excited that their dev team has integrated the Login with DaniWeb feature of our API into their registration flow.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Spiceworks tracked down the error (LastMitch) to a DNS networking issue, and it should be fine now.

OK. Thanks. I did login.

Personally, I'm super excited that their dev team has integrated the Login with DaniWeb feature of our API into their registration flow.

I actually like it. There's one application which is this one:

http://community.spiceworks.com/preview/inventory

I find it very useful.

integrated the Login with DaniWeb feature of our API into their registration flow

I am a bit confused regarding about logging in.

I had to sign up with my email account then I was able to login not using OAuth 2.0.

When you mention integrated the Login with DaniWeb you mean something similiar to your design of using OAuth 2.0 to login to Spiceworks?

This your OAuth 2.0 design I can't find a link nor button that has Spiceworks:

1a99134649d4dbdd5a6f5fdbd3aa596a

It's a nice site, deals with a lot of high-end tech issues. Signing up to it was relatively straightforward and it kept my Daniweb Avatar, etc, but was expecting a more fluid transition. I still had to fill in a form, but as there was no need for email confirmation I suppose it was more simpler than typical sign-up methods.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.