When creating new item (post/article or whatever you call it), there is dropdown called Type of Article where you can select different types of article/post. While I understand the idea behind it, I dont understand what changes when user selects each option available there? At least change is not visible (from user scope; dont know how its from mod/admin scope).

Id understand that each option is followed by, say, template user has to fill in, or otherwise input data (by selecting values from dropdowns etc).

And another thing - when user edits own article/post, and want to do complete rewrite (with changing type) - it cannot be done, because Type of Article field is uneditable (in article/post edit mode - what is this mode for?)..... makes absolutely no sense.....

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

At least change is not visible

Change is visible if you switch from article to code snippet for example. The latter is not available in this sub-forum, but is in some others.

Moderators can change the type of article at a later time. The reason you can't is because, while you have the ability to do things such as create editorial drafts, you don't have the ability (as a non-staff writer) to actually create articles ready to be published.

Im not 'buying' it Dani. Sorry.

What is there to buy? I'm simply telling you how our system works.

I still dont know why Im not able to change this?

@Wojciech Really I don't understand why you don't start your own forum project with your own features. Obviously, you have many ideas about how to improve existing software, so why not host a new engine on github ? When it works, you could perhaps attract webmasters' interest in your project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.