WTF. the US screwed up new orleans bigtime

No, the US did not screw it up -- the people themselves f**cked up by building houses below sea level then wonder why the sea flooded over them. We may be the most powerful nation on earth but we still can't control the weather. New Orleans was a disaster waiting to happen for many years.

and with a leftist mayor and governor who thought only about their own next election results and wallets and didn't want to have people evacuate when there was maybe no need to, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
The governor of Louisiana denied FEMA and other federal agencies entry into the state, preventing them from helping until it was too late. In the end it took a presidential decree to get the federal agencies the authority they needed to take charge.
The mayor of New Orleans denied even the Red Cross entry into the city, because he didn't want people to see the chaos and suffering his refusal to evacuate in time had caused.
He preferred to have people die in that stadium rather than have it known what was happening there (which would cost him votes).

And afterwards he blames Bush for not acting more promptly...
Of course had the federal government acted more promptly and forced their way into the city against the opposition of the mayor as soon as it became apparent the mayor was not going to heed the warnings that evacuation was needed he'd have blamed Bush for that, for discriminating against him because he's black and abusing federal power.

No, the US did not screw it up -- the people themselves f**cked up by building houses below sea level then wonder why the sea flooded over them. We may be the most powerful nation on earth but we still can't control the weather. New Orleans was a disaster waiting to happen for many years.

Oh gee Ancient, you used the F word! Watch your manners, old man! What does that all have to do with Illegal Immigration (the title of this thread)?

and with a leftist mayor and governor who thought only about their own next election results and wallets and didn't want to have people evacuate when there was maybe no need to, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
The governor of Louisiana denied FEMA and other federal agencies entry into the state, preventing them from helping until it was too late. In the end it took a presidential decree to get the federal agencies the authority they needed to take charge.
The mayor of New Orleans denied even the Red Cross entry into the city, because he didn't want people to see the chaos and suffering his refusal to evacuate in time had caused.
He preferred to have people die in that stadium rather than have it known what was happening there (which would cost him votes).

And afterwards he blames Bush for not acting more promptly...
Of course had the federal government acted more promptly and forced their way into the city against the opposition of the mayor as soon as it became apparent the mayor was not going to heed the warnings that evacuation was needed he'd have blamed Bush for that, for discriminating against him because he's black and abusing federal power.

What does your usual temper tantrum against the leftists have to do with Illegal Immigration (the title of this thread)?

Oh, I forgot, do I have your permission to post this? I made a copy of it, just in case you delete it!

no temper tantrum, just a factual accounting of the events surrounding NOLA around the time Katrina hit (which was, if you look at hurricanes like people, an illegal immigrant of sorts).
Thus clarifying ADs post...

And don't worry. If there's reason to delete your posts you'll notice. But you'll also have noticed I don't delete anything that's not in violation of site rules (and even then I'm not as strict as I could be), like personal attacks on people and inciting illegal activity.

Well here in OK they've finally did something about it. Illegals can't get a drivers license any more because you have to have all kinds of proof of residency to get one. Hell it's hard for the legal residents to get one.

they shouldn't have been able to get one before... Or doesn't an application for a driver's license require the person to be a legal resident anymore in most of the US?
Here you need to present either an expiring (but not expired) local license, an expiring (but not expired) foreign license and residence permit, or a chit from the exam board (and you can only register for the driving test if you can hand over a residence permit or show a passport or other paper proving you're a legal resident).

Oh gee Ancient, you used the F word! Watch your manners, old man!

Depends on how you want to interpret "f***". It could mean any of several hundred words that begin with the letter f.

What does that all have to do with Illegal Immigration (the title of this thread)?

Absolutely nothing. :)

no temper tantrum, just a factual accounting of the events surrounding NOLA around the time Katrina hit (which was, if you look at hurricanes like people, an illegal immigrant of sorts).
Thus clarifying ADs post...

And don't worry. If there's reason to delete your posts you'll notice. But you'll also have noticed I don't delete anything that's not in violation of site rules (and even then I'm not as strict as I could be), like personal attacks on people and inciting illegal activity.

Duly noticed! I am running scared now!!!!

Depends on how you want to interpret "f***". It could mean any of several hundred words that begin with the letter f.

Thanks Ancient for your polite answer. Nice to get a true American's learned opions. Actually, "f**cked" limits your choices of the f words a little.

He could of meant fscked.

He could of meant fscked.

Oh yeah, you could put every printable character in there and come up with a lot of strange words. I would say only one fits the purpose. Here are some extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (smiley face)

fart isnt a bad word, its socially acceptable.

There are quite a few English four letter words that are socially acceptable! Things like work, love, help ...

To be funny:
"The moral police will allow you to prick your finger, but not finger your ..."

Duly noticed! I am running scared now!!!!

you do seem rather blue...

you do seem rather blue...

Blue reflects my political aspirations.

Is that really pronounced "F-suck"?

>Is that really pronounced "F-suck"?

I dunno, I pronounce it "F-check."

I see, it's pronounced "F-check" if it works and "F-suck" if it doesn't. So much for pronouncing English words.

Back to the issue at hand,
Legal immigration is fine, in small doses. In England we have a large work force of Polish people, i have nothing against them at all, seeing as most of them are plumbers, electricians etc.
But the most bizarre place is Leicester in England. It is the only place in Britain where the British nationals are out-populated by immigrants :D

>But the most bizarre place is Leicester in England. It is the only place in Britain where the British nationals are out-populated by immigrants

In America, most everywhere citizens are out-populated by illegals, seeing that many of them have upward of 10 kids.

commented: Archie Bunker would be proud of you!!!!!!! +0
commented: yeah you are right on about liecester +21

>But the most bizarre place is Leicester in England. It is the only place in Britain where the British nationals are out-populated by immigrants

In America, most everywhere citizens are out-populated by illegals, seeing that many of them have upward of 10 kids.

Look at it this way, those kids make good soldiers down the road. We need lots of them.

lol
Leicester has the biggest Asian events outside of Asia!
:D

>Look at it this way, those kids make good soldiers down the road. We need lots of them.

To invade and steal from other countries? Sounds like a noble cause to me.

>Is that really pronounced "F-suck"?

I dunno, I pronounce it "F-check."

I pronounce Fsck as "F-Sick" ? or "F-isk"

fart isnt a bad word, its socially acceptable.

Not quite sure what it has to do with immigration, I prefer "passing wind" or "singing the backdoor song"

my grandad says "beans are the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot"

My grandpapa, an immigrant, says "the noisy ones don't smell, but the quiet ones do"

> we may be the most powerful nation on earth

yeah right.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.