Hello, as the title suggests I want to remove the code I supplied in posts made in a thread I started in the C forum. The reason I want to do this is because the program I wrote is for an assignment due next week. I know other students in my class use google to search for code to use on assignments, so when they search for this program they will be taken directly to my program. I dont want any of the other students to copy my code. It wont look good if the whole class turns in the same exact program ;) .
So is it possible for one of the mods or Dani to remove my code from the thread. You can replace in two weeks if you want. If it is possible, I will mark the thread solved so no one tries to answer a thread with no code ;) .
Here is the thread I want snipped.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread228632.html
Thanks. :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Probably they will say no because thats what we have said in the past.

Just reference the work in your report and cite any code which was given to you.

Probably they will say no because thats what we have said in the past.

Is there any way you can please make an exception, I'm fine with the code being resupplied after next week. The code was pretty much all mine, I just got a few pointers from one other member.
Thanks again.

Youll have to wait and see what the others say (i dont have powers over the c++ board)

Youll have to wait and see what the others say (i dont have powers over the c++ board)

It's actually in the C forum, but I will wait patiently for other responses. Thanks.

It's actually in the C forum, but I will wait patiently for other responses. Thanks.

I mod Hardware/Software, WWW devel, the IT pro lounge, Business Exchange and the Introductions board. No SW devel at all.

Sorry, jbennet is correct.

I also suggest that you reference the work in your report and cite any code which was given to you.

You asked for help, got help and now that help is available for others who might have a similar problem. That's how DaniWeb works.

If we made deleted your code, we would have to then do the same for anyone else who asked and huge gaps would appear in our support messagebase.

I did say you can replace the code after next week. But ok, rules are rules. Thanks for your time.

You have over 200 posts and should have known the rules and that posts are not normally deleted unless they violate DaniWeb rules.

You have over 200 posts and should have known the rules and that posts are not normally deleted unless they violate DaniWeb rules.

You are right, sorry to have wasted your time. I will be more careful when posting in the future. Thanks again.

commented: For taking this all in good spirit... +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.