Hi guys. Just wanting to know whether there is an easier way to search for your friends. Because if you have a lot of friends and you only want to find one. Exampl Arkinder, you have to go through the tedious process of clicking on every paeg in your contact list and find him. Is there a search bar that enable you to type in your friend name and bingo, and there comes up his name. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you know your friend's name then use the advanced search. Click the Search button without entering anything and you will get the advanced search window. You can search for any DaniWeb member that way.

Cool!. I did not know that we can do that. Seems like i have a lot to learn.

>> you have to go through the tedious process of clicking on every paeg in your contact list and find him.

You have too many friends. Me? It's Saturday night, I'm ready to party, so I just got out my cell phone and started dialing people up seeing who wanted to go out. Four phone calls later and I'm at the bottom of the list. No tedious scrolling. It's the way God intended it.

Arkinder is on the first page of an alphabetical list. How much tedious scrolling could there be? If you can't make an educated guess that 'Arkinder' is on page 1, at least do a binary search. Six pages of friends, log base 2 of 6 is 3 rounded up, so even if you don't guess well, you have at most 3 clicks of a mouse to get to the right page. Work smart, not hard. By the time you've misspelled the name twice on your advanced search and got nothing, you would have already been there.

Arkinder is just an example, i want to find other members. But thanks, i decided to use the advance search

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.