Member Avatar for jmichae3

in the Forum: XML, XSLT and XPATH and I maker a named entity like

"

(ampersand-name-semicolon) it comes out as raw, like it should. if I make a code block and insert a *numeric* entity in the format ampersand-#-number-semicolon it comes out converted to html.

apparently the php function htmlspecialchars is not being called when displaying what's in the code block.

I would not be surprised if this is happening in other types of code editors throughout the site as well. let's try this one:

= ampersand-#-61-semicolon

nope, this one fails too.

also, I can understand what CODE is, but I don't think *anybody* has even a clue what ICODE means. either define it or rename it to something intuitive.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

also, I can understand what CODE is, but I don't think *anybody* has even a clue what ICODE means.

I do. And I use it correctly, and often, too... :icon_wink:

if I make a code block and insert a *numeric* entity in the format ampersand-#-number-semicolon it comes out converted to html

Dani, I can confirm this is happening and even noparse tags can't resist the urge to parse the numeric entities.

I don't think *anybody* has even a clue what ICODE means

ICODE stands for inline code and I'm pretty sure a lot of regulars know what it stands for. Though I agree with the general sentiment that ICODE usage is difficult to get right for newcomers and first timers.

let me know when it gets fixed.

You are already subscribed to the thread so just keep reading the new posts for updates on the same. Also, Daniweb uses vBulletin under the hood so it might take quite a bit of time to resolve this issue.

unless someone posts, I will long have forgotten about this thread. so do I mark this as solved now, or wait until it is really solved?

This isn't even just a vBulletin issue. It's a combination issue between vBulletin and the syntax parser we use for code and icode tags. Stay tuned, because all of these issues will be resolved in the new version of DaniWeb (we're currently working on migrating off of vBulletin sometime during the first half of 2012).

I'm not considering this an urgent issue since it's apparently existed for the past 5 years with no one noticing. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.