Is there still a "noparse" option? I tried posting the following in the C forum (let's see if it works here). Error message is as below.

The code snippet in your post is formatted incorrectly. Please use the Code button in the editor toolbar when posting whitespace-sensitive text or curly braces.

I cannot even post it HERE, so there's no way to show you what I'm doing and hence you cannot tell me what I am doing wrong. Clearly the parser is trying to parse something that needs to not be parsed. I tried changing all of the equals signs and dashes to letters and hope that goes through, but no joy. Perhaps I can e-mail someone (I would PM them, but I imagine that would have the same problem and the PM would never be sent)?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The rules for what MUST be enclosed in a code block:

4+ consectuive spaces anywhere within a single line (check the end of lines, where they may be invisible)
Curly braces

That explains it. I had a table with lots of consecutive spaces in there to make the columns line up. Nothing to do with code though and hence nothing that should be syntax-highlighted (i.e. "for", "while", etc. have their English language meanings and are not C/C++ keywords). So that needs to marked as code? No way around it?

Daniweb has one of the WORST posting systems on the internet currently. Your best bet is to quote it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.