Hello!

I'm having the following problem: I've logged into my acount (this one I'm using now) and noticed that there where a new facebook integration, but haven't found anyway to add it to my account.

So, a few moments ago I've made the mistake of logging in with facebook and it created another account for me, named "renan.lazarotto" while my main alias is named RenanLazarotto. So what I'm asking is if there is a way to merge those two accounts (or ever better, add the facebook login to my main account, RenanLazarotto) or a way to delete the new one and link my facebook to the old one.

I'm pretty sure that there might be a way to add facebook login to your account and I was the one who didn't searched enough, but now it is too late (shame on me).

Thanks anyway!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Facebook integration is based on having your DaniWeb email address match your Facebook primary email address. So here's what you will need to do.

1. Log into the account you created accidentally
  2. Change the email for the account to a dummy email (You need to do this because it is currently set to the email you will need to use for your primary account, and only one DaniWeb account can have any unique email address)
  3. Permanently delete that profile: http://www.daniweb.com/members/edit_membership
  4. Log into your primary DaniWeb account you wish to use
  5. Edit your profile, and change the email address on file to the one currently set as your default Facebook email address (i.e. the original email address of the account you deleted in the above step)

So sorry for the inconvenience!!!

This was no kind of inconvenience :)

Thanks for the help, will try it now! It'll make the logon process much easier and quicker now :)

Quick Edit
It is working now, thanks Dani!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.