Hello

I know threads are problably better just left (even if solved/closed) but I think it would be nice to be able to delete our own threads.

If we post a custom algorthim (for example, this is a exageration) to the meaning of life, we wouldnt like other people to see/copy it BUT we would like people temporarly on perfecting it because of bugs.

Ive found myself at times not being able to post completely code that my tell others how to help me because there are custom things that noone should see because of company secrets.

Its more a privacy thing if anything else.

What do you guys think?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The DaniWeb community is all about the public sharing of information. If there is some stuff that you can't post on the Internet because of company secrets, then unfortunately you can't post that.

I actually think it goes against the spirit of our community to post content and then later retract it. Other members took the time and effort to reply with the expectation that the content would exist into the future and be able to help others as well.

Also, keep in mind, once you post something on the Internet, it's "out there". Within minutes of being posted, it's syndicated from RSS feeds, indexed by the search engines, etc. Deleting the content later doesn't necessarily mean that it's deleted from the web.

DaniWeb actually has a hidden behind-the-scenes forum called Area 51 for community regulars. I'll open it up to you, and it might be a good place for you to post some of your more sensitive questions away from the prying eyes of the general community and search engines.

The DaniWeb community is all about the public sharing of information. If there is some stuff that you can't post on the Internet because of company secrets, then unfortunately you can't post that.

I actually think it goes against the spirit of our community to post content and then later retract it. Other members took the time and effort to reply with the expectation that the content would exist into the future and be able to help others as well.

Also, keep in mind, once you post something on the Internet, it's "out there". Within minutes of being posted, it's syndicated from RSS feeds, indexed by the search engines, etc. Deleting the content later doesn't necessarily mean that it's deleted from the web.

DaniWeb actually has a hidden behind-the-scenes forum called Area 51 for community regulars. I'll open it up to you, and it might be a good place for you to post some of your more sensitive questions away from the prying eyes of the general community and search engines.

Yes, I thought of indexing by search engines and pages such as webarchive but nonetheless it would be nice. But it is understandable and even if we delete the thread, it would still there.

I was refering to problems that are very VERY specific to a specific project.; Not something like a general question like a AJAX request.

BTW, completely offtopic, but what areas do you offer consulting services for? Theres thing from assembley to robotics to HTML. Just a question out of the blue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.