I think Snippets and Tutorials should be excluded from 'Unanswered', or a new section should be created called 'Open Questions' that doesn't include snippets and tutorials. Most of the snippets/tutorials don't receive an answer for a long time and they cloud the view when looking for a quick question to answer/solve.

..just my two cents. :)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Valid point.

'Tutorials' and 'Snippets' came later right? So 'Unanswered' used to be exactly what I am talking about. 'Unanswered' does exactly what it's supposed to do and shows all unanswered posts, so with the new additions maybe it's time for a new kind of 'Unanswered'?

It is a great suggestion. Snippets and tutorials can be kept separate and do not need to be included in the "unanswered" section.

Thanks for the feedback. I've gone ahead and made the adjustment a little bit ago.

That's what I like about this site. It's just a real person (people?) hacking on things to produce something nice and helpful.

If I browse web dev (or php) - unanswered, I can still see rubberman's tutorial (which was just added).

In addition, it would be nice to see the unanswered solved threads removed too. But that's probably just me.

commented: agreed +0

I second removing 'Unanswered Solved'. I think people post a question and then answer it by their self right away. I'm glad the post is available to the community, but maybe not in 'Unanswered'.

If I browse web dev (or php) - unanswered, I can still see rubberman's tutorial (which was just added).

I can't duplicate this as the tutorial already has 6 replies.

I second removing 'Unanswered Solved'. I think people post a question and then answer it by their self right away.

I think self-answered questions are still solved :) I like to follow up with something like 'Mind telling us what you did so it can help others?'

OK bug fixed. I had fixed the Unanswered tab on the homepage and the Unanswered link within the bottom toolbar, but not for when in a specific forum.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.