does anyone review the code shippets that get posted? I was glancing through the list and found one that is full of bugs :eek: -- any newbe would have a difficult time trying to figure out how to correct the bugs. Not a problem for me, but just wondering if there is any peer review process before they get publically posted.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There isn't. There is simply the ability for anyone to vote on them which can act as a rating system. Additionally, our development moderators do frequently delete code snippets or move them into our "recycling bin" syntax language. In this sense, they are very much like threads.

Our tutorials, on the other hand, are fully moderated and must be pre-approved before going live.

Our blog entries go live within a particular member's blog instantly, but then must be promoted to "featured status" to appear on our homepage, in our six category blogs, or in our RSS feed.

There are two ways to browse the code snippets. The first way is to look at the C snippets and sort them by rating ... that is our version of a peer review system. Secondly, if you're looking for something very specific, enter what you're looking for in our search area in the sidebar.

does anyone review the code shippets that get posted? I was glancing through the list and found one that is full of bugs

Yes, I do and I found the same as yourself. So I voted to rate one as terrible.

It gets one star if rated "terrible" and two stars if rated "bad"!!

Does anyone else find this a bit odd? Surely the icon for bad and terrible should be something other than a star.

The rating system for the code snippets is an extension of the rating system for the forums, which is based on the vBulletin forum system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.