Laughing out loud. Looking at the latest negative reputation I receieved for the above post, I think someone (I am not naming names) who takes the geeks lounge rep very seriously, as that is the only way she gets her (Yeah, you now know who) much needed reputation, is very very vexed.
:D

how true WolfPack...

I do agree with salem that technical advice should be rated differently then coffee house. We like the coffee house but most of us are here for other resoanes then chat

Laughing out loud. Looking at the latest negative reputation I receieved for the above post, I think someone (I am not naming names) who takes the geeks lounge rep very seriously, as that is the only way she gets her (Yeah, you now know who) much needed reputation, is very very vexed.
:D

Hahah how true WolfPack!

To be honest...
I only take rep seriously when someone (I am not naming names...) calls me a b****... because it makes him look cool since the rep system has now been made public. Very very pathetic.

Yes, i wouldnt mind if geeks lounge rep = 0 as i am sick and tired of "certain people" telling me that i only get posts and rep from geeks lounge. Thats a lie, at least 50% of my posts and rep are from the win nt/2k/xp and troubleshooting dead machines forums.

>i am sick and tired of "certain people" telling me that i only get posts and rep from geeks lounge
Just tell them to look at your profile. Based on my calculations, only about 20% of your posts are in the Geek's Lounge.

commented: That' +2

And yet people are getting good reps for saying the rep system is worthless. =D That's interesting.

;-) Jk.

Christina you are a jewel in the rough. It says it right there in your dots.

commented: thanks for the rep! +2

Christina you are a jewel in the rough. It says it right there in your dots.

?

>i am sick and tired of "certain people" telling me that i only get posts and rep from geeks lounge
Just tell them to look at your profile. Based on my calculations, only about 20% of your posts are in the Geek's Lounge.

Yes, and I do get all of my rep from the Geek's Lounge. But it is almost never over a word game... I'm sorry if this somehow bothers other members. Yes, I don't understand that much about computers so therefore I cannot help others as much as I'd like to in the other forums. I'm a health science type of person. But that doesn't mean I don't like to come here and learn some new stuff or get help or even post in the Geek's Lounge. It's something that has become fun for me. So what if I get good rep from that? If you took away all my rep that would be fine by me and I would have no problem with it. However, I do get upset when people like to complain about me and curse me. Especially when it is coming from a mod like WolfPack.

>Yes, and I do get all of my rep from the Geek's Lounge.
Doesn't bother me. I couldn't care less if you have -1000 or +1000 points, because I judge people by what they say, not by the amount of reputation they've acquired. I use reputation almost exclusively to let people know whether I approve of their post or not, and what I want to see more of from them in the future.

>However, I do get upset when people like to complain about me and curse me.
I think you're taking this way too seriously. This is the internet, and the bottom line is that not everyone will be nice to you, even if you're on a very pleasant forum like DaniWeb.

Personally, I couldn't care less if someone called me bitch; I haven't done anything wrong, so I simply ignore it. Or take WolfPack's latest comment on my post about how worthless reputation is: I agree, especially with the part that says about you not being that smart. I know I'm not stupid, so I just shrug and guess that maybe that was some attempt at humor. And then I move on. To quote Narue, you're going to get ulcers everywhere if you take everything so seriously.

Lol narue is funny she said that to me ;)

and yes, i agree, some people like christina -> you may not post many techincal things but they are a benefit to the forums are they help keep the site lively (all work and no play makes daniweb a boring place...)

Heh I guess you people are taking this waaay too seriously. Don't think rep has anything to do with what one is. I have seen Daniweb members with almost no reputation but providing the best of advice.

Its simple, the people who help others and mingle with other people are the ones who get most reputation. People who just believe in helping out people without participating in forum discussions, don't get it at all.

It would be really better if Dani could implement the idea suggested by Salem. I really like it.

Thanks for the rep people who have given me some ~ i've hit the magic 100 rep points!

And i have just hit 301. Yay!

I didn't realise that i have 2 green dots till now. Feels good. :)

commented: Here's some more for you +15
commented: Here's some more for you +8

my contributions are working, yay ~ now at 153!

I just hit 205. Yay!

yay i have loads!

Yay even I have loads. ;-)

Yay even I have loads. ;-)

that is an understatement!, You have tonnes of it:cool: !

commented: He was kidding.. +3

that is an understatement!, You have tonnes of it:cool: !

i wish i did... but i don't...:(

commented: here is some ;) +17

next up 3 blocks!
better go help people..........

haha.. if you help people hoping to get good rep then good luck with that.. half the people won't rep you, and if they do it won't count.

Yeah. Post in a geeks lounge thread, and say I agree. That will get you all the reputation you need.

commented: i loved ur idea! +3

> Yeah. Post in a geeks lounge thread, and say I agree. That will get
> you all the reputation you need.
Bingo, couldn't have put any better, considering that most of the influential people (rep wise) of Daniweb hang out there. ;-)

i agree........
:)

haha don't overdue it ;)

You might get bad rep instead..

true point joshSCH.
still is grey rep is equal to the newbies giving good or bad rep? or both?

There is no way of knowing that.

Try to infer from their comment ;)

They should make newbie rep green/red but just a lighter shade

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.