I am still not professional/experienced enough to be considered a programmer, and have had no real education on the subject (that's why I came here). I learned basic java and am currently in the process of switching to C++, due to the terrifying discovery :icon_eek: that Java won't get me into videogame programming. What I need is a fundamental and ingrained understanding of C++. At this point, I am dedicated to understanding (A) How to make arrays that lead to input/output routing (selecting a function based on user input from a compact array of possible functions) and (B) How to get my program to access input/output devices on the computer. I want to understand the SPECIFICS, on the most BASIC level, of how the computer interacts with my programs.

PM me if you know of a free online course that goes into that instead of simply "sidestepping" the subject.

Hi Soccermiles, nice to meet you :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.