0

The amount of information now available through the Internet, if formatted into books, would fill all the world's libraries nine times over.

0

In May 1913 Hitler left Vienna for Munich and, when war broke out in August 1914, he joined the Sixteenth Bavarian Infantry Regiment, serving as a despatch runner. Hitler proved an able, courageous soldier, receiving the Iron Cross (First Class) for bravery, but did not rise above the rank of Lance Corporal. Twice wounded, he was badly gassed four weeks before the end of the war and spent three months recuperating in a hospital in Pomerania.

"Dr. Fritz Hubener was a rarity in Austrian 19th-century medicine. Against the dictates of the powerful Austrian Catholic Church, he advocated the right of women to terminate dangerous pregnancies, particularly when they were trapped in relationships with powerful, abusive men. One day, a woman named Klara came to him for medical advice. She was pregnant and frightened. Not the least of her fears was the manipulative fear of hell that had been put into her by a cold and uncaring parish priest. She was a timid girl and not sure she was ready to be a mother. Dr. Hubener was, at present, the only one who knew she was pregnant besides her. He urged her to terminate the pregnancy, but in the end, out of her fear of hell, Klara declined. Eight months later, her son, Adolf Hitler, was born."

0

Texas is also the only state that is allowed to fly its state flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.

0

Over its 800 mile length, the TransAlaska Pipeline System on a typical day has leaks of more than 10 gallons of oil in at least 900different places.

0

The amount of information now available through the Internet, if formatted into books, would fill all the world's libraries nine times over.

90% of which is pure hokum. If you removed from the internet:
anything with more than one bang per paragraph
anything with unpredictable caps
anything with garish colors
anything with unexplained graphics/typeface/fontsize

Sigh! It would only make a small dent in the cr*p - but it would be a start

0

Acoording to the Detroit News once mighty General Motors Market Value (outstanding stocks * stock price) now is less then Toyota's profits of last year.

0

I'm not sure if this is still true, but when my dad went to the University of Illinois (in the '80s), either Champaign or Urbana had a law on their books requiring all monsters to be out of town by nightfall.

0

I'm not sure if this is still true, but when my dad went to the University of Illinois (in the '80s), either Champaign or Urbana had a law on their books requiring all monsters to be out of town by nightfall.

It must be true as I googled it and found it on a site called "There is an elephant on the loo"

0

Intensive research has determined that chimpanzees were the ones that invented the "thumbs up" sign.

0

Intensive research has determined that chimpanzees were the ones that invented the "thumbs up" sign.

What did you do for your intensive search, GOOGLE IT???

0

By age sixty, most people have lost half of their taste buds.

I know this is true because my own taste has gone from bad to really bad!

0

Ostriches have been known to eat metal.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

This suggests that they can see the metal and know what it is, but are just too dumb to think about whether or not it's a good idea.

0

a little confused

How is this confusing? If you read the first post you would know what this is about.

0

According to CNNMoney.com the richest town in the USA is ...
New Canaan, Connecticut
Population: 19,690
Median family income: $231,138
Median home price: $1,465,000

0

Numero Uno place to live in the USA:
Plymouth, Minnesota
Population: 70,100

Topnotch schools, good jobs, affordable housing, low crime, an active outdoor culture, numerous lakes for boaters, water skiers and fishermen. More than 50,000 jobs keep residents employed.

Latest survey by CNN.

0

A baby cat and a baby rat are called a kitten. Strangely enough, a baby dog and a baby mouse are called a pup.

0

Alexander Graham Bell was awarded the first U.S. patent for the invention of the telephone in 1876, but Italian Antonio Meucci was recognized by US Congress in 2002 as the true inventor.

1

Research shows that one in seven Americans do not own a cell phone.

Those are the people who actually drive in the proper lane.

Votes + Comments
haha :D
0

90% of Mac users, believe that life is a bed of roses. The other 10 % are not actually human beings, including Steve Jobs.

0

A snake named Leptotyphlops carlae is smaller than any of the other 3,100 previously known snake species. It is about 4 inches long and a thin as spaghetti.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.