Any extra terrestrial intelligence with the smarts to travel this far would probably consider planetary living a primitive lifestyle, we would just be a curiosity for space tourists in glass bottomed space cruisers :)

Yeah...that's probably true,but that didn't keep them from picking up Cheech and Chong.

After one look at this planet, any visitor from outer space would say "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER!"

Take me to your lizzard!

commented: ++ for good solid humour +2

I heard a rumour once that yellow cars are cheaper to insure because they are easily seen and statistically participate in fewer accidents. :)

And just to clear up my typo, that should have been extraterrestrial not extra terestrial. - doh!

its a fact that red cars have more accidents - they cost more to insure in my country

Take me to your lizzard!

Very funny!

Could be: "Where is the head computer?"

Take me to your lizzard!

Two humour ++ for you! It had to happen, Warren Buffet's Geico hordes finally invaded the Earth.

Note:
Billionaire Warren Buffet is my investor hero! Geico is an insurance company he owns, that litters American TV with their funny lizzard and caveman advertisements.

Bureaucratic time is slower than geologic time.
~~~ P. J. O'Rourke

So, let's put a bunch of bureaucrats on the space ship. That would make distant space travel possible since they age less.

hmm, someone hasn't read the Guide again...

And sneekula seems to have, but that'd mean he'd also realise the sad truth about ourselves ;)

St. Paul, Alberta, Canada is home to the world's first flying saucer landing pad.

instead of making landing pads they should make anti-ufo defence....

Because of radiation dangers in space only properly designed machines could travel for any length of time. So UFO invaders would most likely be enamored with your car, lawn mower or vacuum.

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Both are equally true!
No matter how many life forms living on other planets, moons, or even stars, We are inevitably ALONE.

man thats sad...
anyone who thinks that we are 'ALONE'
is an emo ¬_¬

I agree with Steven on that one -- You can be alone while surrounded by people. Sometimes alone = lonliness. And for Steven's statement we will probably be alone even though there may be billions of intelligent species because either a) there is no way for us to travel to them or them to us, or 2) there is no way for us to communicate with them, something like us trying to talk to an ant.

Thank you, I did post a rebutle to that emo statement but it included a few choice words that i recieved a warning for.

:icon_evil:

its a fact that red cars have more accidents - they cost more to insure in my country

Must not live in the US - I have never paid extra insurance for my red car and got only one speeding ticket in the 18 years I owned it. Before you ask, I was born and raised in Montana where the speed limit was reasonable and prudent (ie. no speed limit), I drive fast. I am not an aggressive driver but I am assertive. Er, I actually talked my way out of that speeding ticket by claiming that, since I was born and raised in Montana with no speed limit, I depended on my cruise control to control my speed and that my cruise control broke on that trip. I was looking for a defective equipment ticket but the judge just looked at me for a long time and said "I have never heard so much crap but, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and if you get no moving violations in the next 6 months, your record is clean" charged me $50 court costs. I talked my way out of a couple other moving violations but that was in a volkswagon and does not count.

No one has ever come up with any actual citations for the "red cars get more tickets, red cars cost more in insurance" stuff. I want to see any actual (actuarial) stats. If a red car in your country costs more to insure, I want to see the actual policy wording that says "we charge xx more for a car that is red". Do they charge less if the car is burgundy? How about orange? Does someone take color readings to determine how much red is in the color and then rationalize the %age of red?

No one has ever come up with any actual citations for the "red cars get more tickets, red cars cost more in insurance" stuff. I want to see any actual (actuarial) stats. If a red car in your country costs more to insure, I want to see the actual policy wording that says "we charge xx more for a car that is red

ask anyone in the UK. Men, especially men under 25 who drive red cars generally pay more

the claim that civilizations could never travel to, what is more, communicate with other interstellar civilizations is to assume the current state of human science complete and the universal epitome par excellence.

as much as humankind does know of the universe, it knows next to nothing. human science is far far from complete and interstellar travel and communication will reveal itself given time and the perseverance of great minds of course.

as to whether or not we are alone ... i cannot imagine it to be so. life is too abundant and too resilient on earth and possibly within the solar system to be devoid throughout the cosmos. i have mixed beliefs about the authenticity of ufo sightings. i do not exclude the possibility that some are legitimate, but am more inclined to believe ufos (the kind that are not obvious hoaxes) are government experimental craft.

The non-hoax UFO sightings are most likely caused by drug induced hallucinations.

ask anyone in the UK. Men, especially men under 25 who drive red cars generally pay more

yes. More speeding tickets, more tickets for tailgating, overtaking in the wrong lane, and other dangerous driving practices, more hospital fees after the next accident, etc. etc. :)

I love it when the sci-fi morons in Hollywood use ultra sound beam weapons in space to shoot down UFOs.

Hmm... UFO's? Don't believe in 'em.

Yay are you back? havent seen you in ages Christina

commented: kinda back ~.^ +16

No her body has been overtaken by a particularly nasty parasitic xenomorph from the lower quadrant of Andromeda, It's posting here to avert suspicion, but I know my LGM's :)

Who is Christina? Why do you see her?

Who is Christina?

:icon_eek: Is this a trick question?

shes an uber-poster like me

shes an uber-poster like me

Maybe at one point but lately she has posted next to nothing.

Maybe at one point but lately she has posted next to nothing.

Yeah, well that's because I have a lot of things going on in "RL" lately.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.