Hi there!
I am currently an undergraduate stuednt, trying to decide on a major, and my two main interests right now are Aerspace Engineering and Computer Science. I know, they are two COMPLETELY different fields, but I can't help the fact that I am interested in both.
Now I am figuring out what I should do with my years at college, and I have a couple of options:
(1) Double major in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science (what I am curretnly enrolled in)
(2) Major in CS and minor in Ae (this doesn't make a lot of sense to me)
(3) Major in AE and minor in CS.
Option 3 seems to make more sense, but I do want to keep a strong footing in CS. I was thinking after option 3, I could go ahead and get a double Masters (one in AE and one in CS).
I was wondering what kind of career opportunities I would have with a minor in CS? What about a minor in CS followed by a MS in CS? Would I still be less preferred/have less opportunities than people with a BSCS and an MSCS?
Do let me know.
Xero.

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by lise

I think Option 3 is the Best , Although in AE they will teach you all of the computing skills needed to develop spacecraft , If you major in CS you might find yourself locked in a programming job , believe me AE is a far more respected degree than CS. you can minor in CS , which will be great for your resume , if you see the majority of CS courses , most are theory which is not gonna be used unless you want to teach at teh university level .

Go for option 3

Hi Xero,

What did you decide to do? Northrop Grumman has an aerospace engineer job internships that I'm considering. Are you looking into internships programs? Which ones? Thanks.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.