Since my husband insists on making me feel "computer stupid", I am on this site looking for information. Specifically, accessing dbx files. (He knew how to created them but didn't know what to do with them afterwards!) I was about to download MailNavigator but see that it is a verified publisher. Suggestions on proceding would be appreciated. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi, and welcome to DaniWeb. Sorry but I don't even know what a dbx file is. You're much better off asking your question in the most relevant forum here.

dbx files are Microsoft Outlook files. How do you want to access them -- via computer programming language such as C or C++ ? such as do you want to write a computer program that accesses those files ? Your answer to that question will determine where I should move this thread.

dbx files are Microsoft Outlook files. How do you want to access them -- via computer programming language such as C or C++ ? such as do you want to write a computer program that accesses those files ? Your answer to that question will determine where I should move this thread.

I have no clue about how to write a program. I only wanted to be able to read the dbx files and/or restore the information in them. Outlook Express seems to be somewhat unstable since this is the third time FOLDERS have mysterioulsy disappeared. The dbx files were created to "save" the information in the folders, but once they were created I don't know how to "open" or move them so the information can be retrieved. I hope this make sense.

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome To Daniweb :)

Susy: Please repost your question about dbx files in the Tech Talk --> Microsoft Windows board because you will get more expert help there.

Welcome :)

Welcome to our lovely Forums :)
Please do as Ancient Dragon said, you'll get the help with whatever question you have.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.