hi guys,

another quick one am using debian (lenny) and it comes with version 3.0.3 of azureus however this doesnt work correctly, however if i download the latest versio 3.0.5 from the web it works fine!

Problem is its a script and not a .deb so wont install and is a pain to run. Does anyone know if there is a .deb out there or a package??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

use KTorrent. it is much more stable, and has no problems

cool i will have a look into it later but i do like the look of azureus so if anyone know of the latest release as a .deb or package i will be very grateful for a link.

Well, download the sources and just read the sticky in the *nix software forum to compile it. Much better.

Well, download the sources and just read the sticky in the *nix software forum to compile it. Much better.

...but you forgot that Azureus is a Java program, which means there's no real need to download the sources, nor is my generic compiling guide very likely to work on it anyway. Although I'd agree with you that the best option is probably to download the generic tarball. Here's the (very simple) instructions for installing it:
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/howto_linux.php

In fact, I recommend this way, even if the version provided by your package manager works, because otherwise Azureus won't be able to update itself due to the permissions of a Unix filesystem (if you install it in some public directory or your home folder, Azureus will happily auto-update).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.