unklezors 0 Newbie Poster

Hey All! Gonna give a quick overview of my situation and I'm looking for some advice on re-entering the IT field.

I graduated from PC Age/Internetworking Computer Education in 2001. I completed MCP/MCSE and had some low-level Cisco education as well. I received a paid internship at Time, Inc in NYC which led to a consultant position in the Systems Engineering/Support bracket. Unfortunately, with the 9/11 my ability to find growth in the field left me stagnant. I'm an extreme go-getter. High-intensity, self-motivated guy. Very strong leadership skills. To throw the whole situation in a loop, at the same my band, which was a huge hobby of mine, ended up receiving a fairly large record contract. Given the situation with my career, I felt it was a now or never opportunity to pursue the dream. I ended up selling almost 50,000 records, landing a spot on MTV2's Extreme Rock show, playing the Vans Warped Tour 2 years in a row, and traveling the country playing countless shows. I've been a songwriter/musician my whole life, and this opportunity was too big of an experience to pass. At 28 I cashed it in to pursue my career. The exact same month, I was a offered a position to run the local restaurant/grill that I had been working at when I was off tour. I took the job and ran with it. I am extremely business savy, solid negotiator and the restaurant business really helped me get back on my feet. Unfortunately, I have higher aspirations, and that has led me here. I want to get back into the field. I want to finish my college degree at the same time, and I'm looking for some opinions. I can cut my pay to a realistic $55,000/yr outside NYC, or $60,000/yr in NYC. I will grow from there. I'm not a paycheck guy. I love to work. Of course I have to re-adapt to current technologies, which will take some time, but I'm really not worried. I loved working with hardware/support. I worked in the Network Operations Center, racking and configuring servers/operating systems. I see myself in project management and continuing to move forward. I don't wait for things happen. I get them myself.

Can anyone offer me some opinions/advice. What do you think of my situation? Where would you start. Like I said, I'm ready to get this ball rolling. I miss my passion for technology so much, and I want to find a company that will find value in my passion/work ethic as a leader. One that will work with me to harness my skillset and help me grow. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance for you opinion!

- Zors