Hi,

I am working as a freelancer, unfortunately, i am working in private, so no site is watching my conversations and making sure i'm getting paid.

I have been working with someone, and lately, I have been suspicious, i have done him big jobs and got paid very little, and i am about to finish, its getting fishy, so i don't want to look like a fool.

I just made a script that when i give a password, it destroys the whole site, delete every file. is that enough??? what else can i do to make sure I get paid.

and do the web hosting company make backup, because if it does, my script will be worthless.

thank you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

> I just made a script that when i give a password, it destroys the whole site, delete every file. is that enough?
This is dangerous!
- How would you explain it, if the owner found out about it? Maybe they use some 3rd party to verify quality.
- How would you explain that you needed to "update" something after being paid?
- How would you explain what happened if some hacker found your secret trap-door?

Aside from being illegal in some jurisdictions, your rep would go down the pan as well, and your chances of getting more work would vanish.

Find a contract lawyer, get a decent contract, get some kind of escrow service.

>I just made a script that when i give a password, it destroys the
>whole site, delete every file. is that enough??? what else can i
>do to make sure I get paid.
I wouldn't recommend that strategy. You're more likely to get arrested than paid.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.