Today morning I head that news about that Sun is going to be
sell to the IBM. well the most important thing is that most parts of the
IBM is now owned by the chineese companies.

and even , I'm a asian and a thing that I seen clearly is that china is becomming more advanced in Computer related technologies , increasing very high rate.

Anyway as a asian and a person who is living in a independent country , This is my view.
well I have two angles , one is good and other is bad. The bad news is
when a one country is becomming a techno head other parts of the world will loose the lack of technology. And the good side is more than cheap hardware and software can be put to the markert by
chineese companies. So computers Eq becomming cheaper and cheeper. On that side I agree.

That's my ideas and views of this issue. However I am a asian person who lives in an independent country. what are your ideas ?
The ppl who living in countries like USA ,Erope outside the Asia ?

Note: Please don't make this thread another political thread , but please view your echnomic and technical viewpoints about this issue. and please don't critize the politics ( it will violate our rules in daniweb).

Did you accept Hong Knog as the new silicon valley ? Or did you like it or not ?and what's your idea's about it.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

IBM is/was more than a PC company. It did sell off its printers, then PC lines to Lenovo in China. But IBM is still Big Blue, doing more in the software and chips arenas.

As to the Silicon Valley focus moving to the Far East, especially mainland China, there are concerns on many fronts. First, as the USA becomes even less of a manufacturer, it makes us dependent on outside sources, and further worsens our balance of trade. The likelihood of intellectual property issues grows - can trade partners always be trusted to keep secrets secret? Do we even want them to know some of our secrets?

As tech industries grow in the Far East, will the historically low wages that made manufacturing there desirable stay low? Or will we see the wages rise and manufacturing move again?

I think we will still see much of the development of new ideas and processes arising where they do now. It's the implementation in hardware that can go where the market takes it.

As tech industries grow in the Far East, will the historically low wages that made manufacturing there desirable stay low? Or will we see the wages rise and manufacturing move again?

That's agreed !
This is bad for the world's echonomic blance. But may be good for the technology balance. The current situatation in the USA is that they are consuming the electroncs and computer equipments more than they produce. USA and Erope is going down in in production these days. This is the main reason for the problem of world's echnomy crisis. if we seen the map of the world's echnomy crisis we can clear that it's not affected to the countries that who have very less computer literacy and consume less electronics and computer equipments. (ex counrty like Napal ) fewer than 1% ppl in that country have the chance to access to a computer and fewer than 0.5% can use the internet.

so is that means switch off your computer if you need to see the development of your country ? Oh that hurts !

well however as I can see there should be a proper policy that china gov should follow in order to prevent this unblance of the tech echnomy. well that's correct that techno head is moving to china. But china is still suffering with the echnomic crisis and they
will be because they using and consuming computers at a high rate
like US and Erope and us.

is that what you mean by

I think we will still see much of the development of new ideas and processes arising where they do now. It's the implementation in hardware that can go where the market takes it.

? so your idea is usage of low cost methodologies and paradigms and low cost manafacturing techiniques and ideas instead of low cost wages ( because when the country developed they are rising ).The root of the echnomy problem.

at a one viewpoint I agree with this. I'm not critizing the china's political background. But china's tech-echonomical paradigm is not yet balanced yet. Finally this should be a win2win concept to have
a well balanced tech ecnnomy both for the china itself and for other countries.

As good paying jobs disappear in the USA, so will US customers of these now imported products. I also think that a free society produces better ideas than a 'slave' society.

Sure, Japan started out as our source of cheap labor and manufacturing. As they caught up with us we both outsourced to S.Korea, then everybody outsourced to China and India. Done correctly, everybody wins while we lift them up; done badly, we have a race to the bottom.

But, you know, I like techno but I really prefer industrial, ambient and some house.

Bring back KraftWerk

Lenovo only owns the consumer/business computer hw market

IBM are now more of a consulting company, instead of a manufacturer.

IBM was at one time the 3rd largest publisher in the world; they published all their own manuals and docs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.